Equine Proffesionals??? Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 01, 2005 at 12:50 PM

Are there any Horse tainers or equine proffesionals? Its vey tough to find someone who can deal with this lifestyle. Hope everyone here finds true love...Its the only treasure worth having
  • 23Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 19, 2013 at 09:20 PM

I guess I'm technically a "professional" since it's my job, but I'm a stablehand and a trainer at a stable in Idaho. Really just spend time on the horses to get them comfortable with a rider and clean up otherwise. Fun job for someone my age who loves horses (college student).

• View author's info Posted on Jan 19, 2010 at 07:50 PM

I am a Natural BareFoot Trimmer that works in the Houston TX and greater area.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 17, 2010 at 03:52 PM

I'm curious what methods the equine professionals use to reach out to new customers. I have a business that helps market equine businesses and it amazes me how difficult some of them can be to find. Whenever I advertise in the mainstream, I'll recieve several phone calls searching for an equine business, where I don't know of any. It's got to say its very frustrating.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 29, 2009 at 09:31 PM

Amen! Try being a female farrier... All my friends groan when I start with the hoof talk. I have to stop myself when they get that vacant look, just before they bolt!
    But I have a hoof fetish. Any man in my life will just have to deal.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2009 at 11:09 PM

yeah i now what you mean most of friends get this glazed look when i talk training tactics or make a passing comment on a horse. i am no where near a pro trainer but i am currently working as an aprentice and working to getting a degree in horsemanship at a college... i grew up around horse training and since i was 9 or 10 i have been putting hours on colts and imprinting them ...anyone else feel you talk in a diff language sometimes? maybe my prob is most my friends city slickers...lol and best wishes to all riders on the trail to happily ever after.. me myself and i needs a dummmy proof map to true love
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 14, 2009 at 06:05 PM

I'm an Equine Sports Massage Therapist in Lakeland, Florida. I also give riding lessons in Hunter/Jumper and Dressage.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 24, 2009 at 06:14 PM

What do you think the best way to start learning about horses is? learning with somebody, a class/course, reading about it or the experience of riding?
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2009 at 06:48 AM

I too agree with what your saying. Being a trainer/rider/owner....how do you explain your hours to a non-horse person or that you have to leave a date to deal with a sick horse? I have found this just as difficult as you. I feel that I have a lot to offer...I'm sure both good and bad...but none the less with the hours and stress and being gone at shows it is very difficult even if you try very hard to include that person. Getting up at 4 or 5 am to get horses in the ring then standing in the sun all day dealing with clients and/or horses then back to the barn to get everything undone for the evening and not getting out of the show until some awful hour in the evening only to do it again the next day....we must be a sick breed us horse trainers!
    Reading this over again....no wonder I don't date!
    I always have a smile on my face!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 29, 2008 at 06:30 AM

Hi.CBhorsewoman.

There are many horse people with that weaker left side. This is what I would recommend to help her to balance the left side of her body. As a result, the horse she is riding should be able to balance better.

Have her try this this exercise. It is much harder than it sounds. It will even out her riding position all the way down to her foot on that left side. (She should practice this on a safe horse.)

All you need to do is drop your right stirrup, and ride with your foot in only the left stirrup. At first you will be shifting your seat often....You will feel crooked in the saddle. After practicing this you will not feel that you need to shift your seat as much. After riding this way for awhile, you will notice when you pick up your right stirrup that it will feel too short. This will happen until you have a balanced position that starts in your seat and there is even weight on both of your feet in the stirrups.

This is the best exercise I have found for helping riders that are weaker on one side. Funny thing is, most riders are this way...

So you know, the blogs here are a little more active at this time. They are the same as the forum. Not sure what the difference is. Please feel free to stop by there as more horseman are talking there and sharing their ideas about horses and dating.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 26, 2008 at 06:00 AM

Hi

I am Equestrian Products Manufacturer from India.

If you are interested, pls let me know.

Thanks
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 25, 2008 at 06:24 AM

I do have a question regarding my sister's horse. I hope you could give me some advice. My sister has fibro myalga and chronic fatigue and is training her horse to rein, but the problem is my sister is extremely weak on the left side of body and cannot build it up due to her condition. Her horse drops its left shoulder and bulldozes through anything and it takes all my sisters strength to get her to collect her horse. My sister can literally touch the ground when her horse drops her left shoulder. I am afraid that the horse will slip and fall on top of her and the horse is 1400 lbs at 15.2 and all muscle. My sister is under a trainer and she is doing what he tells her to to, but I am just looking for some suggestions. Hope you can help.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 23, 2008 at 06:26 AM

Hello. I am called a Horsemanship Educator. LOL. I do a little of everything including expert consulting for the legal world.

It is possible to balance our world of horses with the "other world". Of course, this means we have too focus on more than just our horses...but that is what a balanced life is all about.

There are people who are also posting on the blogs here. (The blogs are the same as the forum) Some people do not find the forum, others do not know what blogs are. So take the time to post in both of them as more and more people are coming out of the woodwork and sharing their thoughts and dreams.

What a combo. A horse site and a dating site...

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 19, 2008 at 09:19 PM

Hi, I trained Standardbred Racehorses for over 20 years. The non-horsey set just can't deal with horse talk or horse work.

I have great conversations with my farrier as he is a lifetime equine professional and we can discuss navicular one minute and horse training the next and always are on the same page. Thank God for him or else I'd go crazy living in Horse Heaven without anyone to discuss "Horse Stuff" with.

Horses being the expertise they are just makes it downright hard for the non-horsey to relate.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 14, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Hello
    I have am Associate Degree in Equine Management. I coach & train Tennessee Walking Horses. I now work in the Insurance industry but horses are still a major part of my life.

I'd love to hear from other professional minded horse people.

Clemontina

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 28, 2008 at 03:44 PM

Hey follow reiner! Hows it goin? Nice stopin! Hows it bred? Unfortunately, I am not a gold member so can't email you :( It's nice to see another "real reiner" on here! As for understanding the industry, I have a B.S. in Equine Science, am a horse show judge and have shown alot! I love the lifestyle but have remained a NP for now. If I found the right partner, NP futurity horses and trainer's wife has my name stamped all over it! HA! Watch out Mandy here I come!!!! LOL
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 22, 2007 at 02:03 PM

I have chosen to be a Ranch Manager again, and most people who knew me years ago when I was an award-winning art director, just don't get it.

I would rather be in jeans, riding until my butt is numb, and enjoying the company of a nice, educated horseman. Where the heck are you?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2007 at 10:06 PM

I train (Dressage and Eventing as well as remedial and young horses) compete at the National level, teach a bevy of students and am totally immersed in the lifestyle.

It is indeed difficult to find anyone who understands my chosen lifestyle, including my own family who had hopes that I would outgrow the obsession...
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 28, 2007 at 01:58 AM

Yes, I am a well known professional, classical dressage and remedial riding trainer, and it is damn difficult to find a man who understands my lifestyle! I have to travel a fair amount, both in the UK and abroad, and just the commitment of owning an equestrian centre and a number of horses, is enough to make grown men run!!

Merryn
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 20, 2007 at 07:10 PM

Unfortunately not everyone has figured out that this lifestyle is the only way to really live! What you need is someone who LOVES the lifestyle rather than someone who can deal with the lifestyle. Are you a horse trainer or an equine professional?
Follow - email me when people comment
© Horsedate.com powered by EquestrianCupid.com 2001 - 2017. All rights reserved.
m.EquestrianCupid.com
Dating Horse Lovers & Equestrian Singles